Earth nature field

The problem with Dev Crit is...

Posts regarding the servers of Nordock
berylgreen

Re: The problem with Dev Crit is...

Post by berylgreen »

Richterm's Retreat Nordock finally allowed Dev Crit, but the prereg to take it here is Epic Weapon Specialization. Therefore, only fighters can take it. This was what was finally agreed upon after a long debate. There is nothing wrong with us discussing it, I guess, but you have highjacked this thread. Please look at the original post. :P

All of this said, I agree with what Otherworldly pointed out. Some PCs already do tons of damage without this feat. My level 7 weapon master already does a lot of damage on crits with her scythe, and does not even have improved critical or weapon specialization yet. Yep, I need my 45 damage to one-shot those goblins and orcs! RAWR!
raradra
DM

Post by raradra »

berylgreen wrote: All of this said, I agree with what Otherworldly pointed out. Some PCs already do tons of damage without this feat. My level 7 weapon master already does a lot of damage on crits with her scythe, and does not even have improved critical or weapon specialization yet. Yep, I need my 45 damage to one-shot those goblins and orcs! RAWR!
power gamer!
-------
Tymora
Lolth
Paragor
berylgreen

Post by berylgreen »

:lol:
Paul_Kettlebones
DM

Post by Paul_Kettlebones »

45 my butt. I've seen her do a 110 point critical to an Orc Champion with that thing!!
Logins: Paul_Kettlebones & DM_Requietum.
Deanmon

Post by Deanmon »

My point was I think missed when the servers merged it was basically given that there would be a live and let live philosophy now for me I like to equip and play my toons so I can get anywhere and do anything. I'm not a big fan of feeling I can't do something and I tend to find a way I particularly love making the most powerful builds and learning to play them. I know some view these as cheese builds. I' not asking anyone to take a feat they don't like nor am I asking that anyone change thier play style I would just ask that the restriction is removed so those of us who enjoy this type of gaming can indulge our hobbies. I wodn't be in the least offended if I joined group and someone asked me to leave because my build was too silly but I do feel that it would be nice to make the choice myself by the way worst cheese build ever bard rdd dwarf defender you need an align change but its the most fun I've ever had lol.
raradra
DM

Post by raradra »

Nordock just doesn't have the areas or mobs to take the time to rescript stuff like this. We're still trying to clean up all the redundant crap that makes it where we can't add anything new. Scripting changes on stuff that is not broken is really far down on the list of priorities.

sorry
-------
Tymora
Lolth
Paragor
Deanmon

Post by Deanmon »

I understood it might not be anytime soon I can't imagine telling the server to stop checking prereqs on a feat or turning off the script that does is such a huge job I could be wrong tho my knowledge of scripting is limited.
Otherworldly

Post by Otherworldly »

I'll back you for lifting the dev crit restriction if you'll back me for lifting the pick pocket restriction :twisted:

Seriously though, if we're gonna talk about changing anything scripted with classes/feats/etc we should talk about allowing paladins to be lawful evil as well.

I think, we ALL think, that Blackguards was a nice idea. But, not pointin any fingers, it coulda been done better. :lol:

aaaand cue the end of my hijacking.
Krumb
Skald Uffgood
Dante Farblake
Bergelcut