50%
Nay
50%

Total votes: 6
Richard_Uther
DM

Re: CNR yay or nay?

Post by Richard_Uther »

I'll see if I can get a small area to download with the system working. That way you can check it out and figure it's not the end of the world. When you face Grissom using the CODI AI? Now then you can bitch about the stuff we're doing.
widardofodd
DM

Post by widardofodd »

Richard_Uther wrote:IWhen you face Grissom using the CODI AI? Now then you can bitch about the stuff we're doing.

SPOILER

Wait 'til you meet my Swamp Terrors. You'll be cursing my name. Mwahahahaha.
FooLing

Post by FooLing »

As someone that's invested a lot of time in ATS crafting already, going to vote no on CNR being added to the mod at the expense of ATS (even with freebies).

Cool with it in a new mod like NaDOH, or if you can somehow work both in, then more power to you.
Richard_Uther
DM

Post by Richard_Uther »

Poll is closed on a tie. That means I'll be sending some of you a message giving you more details about this, then your responses will go to Raradra who will be the tie breaker. So do pay attention to your inbox. You have two days instead of the usual week, because this is a big change regarding my work, so not knowing what to do is seriously slowing me down. I hope you notice and appreciate how we are keeping the players involved in everything we're doing.
KYPHEN

Post by KYPHEN »

Just a thought...

Could you put the CNR system on Classic server but have the items crafted from the system be able to transfer over to Epic. This way people could still use the old system on Epic but we could craft on classic with new system but enjoy the items crafted with CNR on the epic server.

This would also possibly help players see the light and say "YES!!" to the CNR for Epic. Now it is important to mention that I know nothing about any of this and have put about 30 seconds thought into this idea based on pure igorence so it probebly will not work for like 17 different reasons...go figure. Lol

Just a thought.

Stephen
raradra
DM

Post by raradra »

We should note that crafters who maxed out or have high scores will get free transfer of points so be sure to get a screenshot in case the tradeskills journals don't work for any reason.
-------
Tymora
Lolth
Paragor
Richard_Uther
DM

Post by Richard_Uther »

We're not touching Classic. I'd like to, they wont let me :P

This switch will not happen tomorrow, not even next week or the next month. Let me put it this way: If you grinded in ATS so you could go get some verdicite and make a sword, we will give you enough points so you don't have to grind all over again with CNR and get the same weapon. Maybe you'll need some extra material like a mold or something like that, but you'll probably get those from a vendor. Very small extra step, we don't want to make it annoying.

Your question probably is: "Why would you guys go through the effort of switching systems if we get to do the same thing?" The answer is: You will get more things to do and it will not be a pain for us to add such things. Phoenix was trying to do the same while keeping ATS, you probably noticed recipes that are available but no materials to be found. That's because ATS is a clunky system to adapt, CNR isn't. With the switch we can tell you: "You got your verdicite sword, now you can also enchant it with stuff" Or, "that guy who keeps cutting diamonds and throws them away, you can make a freaking diamond sword" How the system you know works, remains pretty much the same, the new stuff is the cool shit.

As for how easy or hard this switch is? I'm the only one working on the main module and it's.... I need to call my shrink and try to figure why I'm typing all this while in a fetal position. I reckon it's mother issues.
KYPHEN

Post by KYPHEN »

LOL...Richard you are funny. BTW there is the "Settling Helm of Sigmund" for that.