Earth nature field

CloudFlare Error 524 trying to access nordock.net

Please post any in-game or website related bugs you encounter and any helpful steps or information to replicate the bug. **NOTE** If this is an unbalancing in-game exploit, please PM the DMs with the information to avoid any possible abuses. If you're unsure, PM the DMs.
FooLing

CloudFlare Error 524 trying to access nordock.net

Post by FooLing »

The forum seems to respond well enough (though I get the occasional "cloudflare" error when trying to post). However, I'd been unable to view the status page for at least a few days straight now. When I try, I get a CloudFlare Error 524 page after a bit of a wait.

According to CloudFlare support:
A 524 error states that CloudFlare was able to make a TCP connection to the origin, but the origin did not reply with a HTTP response before the connection timed out. This means that CloudFlare is able to make a network connection to the origin server, but the origin server took too long to respond to the request.

This error is commonly caused by a long-running process on the origin server, such as a PHP application or a database query which the web server must wait on before responding to a request. Working with your hosting provider or server administrator to identify these processes and stopping or making them run more quickly is the best way to resolve these errors.
I've asked a couple other players in game if they've had trouble accessing the status page and one told me that they couldn't access it for a few days now (don't know if they got the CloudFlare error message as well as I didn't specifically ask about it) and the other told me they could access it but it took a very long time before it came up.

I tried using http://direct.nordock.net (suggested by CloudFlare support pages to potentially bypass CloudFlare) and the status page did finally come up after a very long wait, and then proceeded to try and refresh as I type, and again is taking a very long time to come back.

So it would seem there is some performance issue with the status page currently (perhaps trying to get status on the Revenge server which appears to be down at the moment?) which I thought would be worth knowing about if no one is currently aware of it or actively looking into it.
Last edited by FooLing on Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
FooLing

Re: CloudFlare Error 524 trying to access nordock.net

Post by FooLing »

Just a follow up note that when the Revenge server came back up a short while ago, the CloudFlare and direct.nordock.net performance issue seems to have gone away as well. So likely related to Revenge mod/server being down over the last few days.
Lliira
DM

Post by Lliira »

Now I am getting this error, from my work computer. Something is up. Or down.
Lliira – Joy, Festivals
Sehanine (Moonbow) – Dreams, Mysticism, Moon Elves
Yondalla – Creation, Tradition, Wisdom
Zinzerena - Chaos, Assassins
raradra
DM

Post by raradra »

Yeah it's down. SH may be working on it.
-------
Tymora
Lolth
Paragor