Earth nature field

Is ATS borked at the moment?

Please post any in-game or website related bugs you encounter and any helpful steps or information to replicate the bug. **NOTE** If this is an unbalancing in-game exploit, please PM the DMs with the information to avoid any possible abuses. If you're unsure, PM the DMs.
raradra
DM

Re: Is ATS borked at the moment?

Post by raradra »

No the file doesn't run in the root, it runs in the nwn folder. But putty logs into the root and I have to do the cd raradra.com etc to get to the right folder.
-------
Tymora
Lolth
Paragor
Beard

Post by Beard »

2 Solutions:

1) Script a monitor to watch the server logs for signs MySQL Server is unreachable by NWNX, reboot NWNX and NWServer

2) Create a separate MySQL service that will not conflict with Raradra's other sites (no other traffic or conditions that could affect NWNX reaching the MySQL service)

As soon as MySQL service is interrupted, lagged, or rebooted, NWNX cannot re-establish a connection, it's a design flaw of NWNX2 and NWNX4 (for NWN 2, though there's a plugin for NWNX4 to address this problem, just not for NWNX2) I tried running an instance on a virtual linux off my laptop after I compiled a plugin that FunkySwerve/Virusman (two large NWNX developers) that claimed to offer reconnect, but this was not the case.

-EDIT- Ideally, creating a separate MySQL service that won't be affected by the other sites is the solution I would seek first, as it could be sporadically rebooting the server multiple times in a row depending on traffic demands Raradra's sites create, peak times being my concern. Where a separate MySQL instance would alleviate that concern aswell as provide a more comfortable scenario in regards to security both for Michelle, and her techs.
Xillie

Post by Xillie »

The simplest ideas are most often the best.

I could imagine how it could potentially increase both stability, performance and security to both the nwnx+mysql on one hand and the main apache/mysql on the other hand. Separate mysql instance on a custom port that is.

greets,

Xillie