Earth nature field

Lost tradeskill progress

Please post any in-game or website related bugs you encounter and any helpful steps or information to replicate the bug. **NOTE** If this is an unbalancing in-game exploit, please PM the DMs with the information to avoid any possible abuses. If you're unsure, PM the DMs.
Vlad

Lost tradeskill progress

Post by Vlad »

Hello, i just loged in and noticed my crafter has lost all the progress in tradeskills, since i spend a lot of hours leveling them, there is any way to fix it? Thanks.
That happened between october 8 and october 9.
Lliira
DM

Re: Lost tradeskill progress

Post by Lliira »

I will PM Raradra and ask for a reset. Somebody logged two accounts in on the same IP address, using the same game port. This makes the server buggy.
Lliira – Joy, Festivals
Sehanine (Moonbow) – Dreams, Mysticism, Moon Elves
Yondalla – Creation, Tradition, Wisdom
Zinzerena - Chaos, Assassins
Vlad

Post by Vlad »

Ok, thanks
Vlad

Post by Vlad »

I logged in after the reset and still have tradeskills at 0. Any way to fix it?
Lliira
DM

Post by Lliira »

As far as I know, Raradra has not reset the server yet. Somebody might have tried to reload it, which does not fix the problem. We have to wait for Raradra, sorry! We can manually fix ATS skill points, if all else fails, but I cannot help until I get home from work in 6 hours. -_-
Lliira – Joy, Festivals
Vlad

Post by Vlad »

Ahh, ok, don't worry will wait for the reset. Thanks
Lliira
DM

Post by Lliira »

She just reset a few minutes ago - relog, see if your skills are fixed. :)
Lliira – Joy, Festivals
Vlad

Post by Vlad »

All is working properly now, thank you very much
Xillie

Post by Xillie »

Just some technical thought I was pondering while having little clue of the current serversetup......:

I've noticed the database itself OR the connection is not only quite unstable, it is also rather very slow; opening my personal chest lets the server hang completely for 20 seconds at least (closing/storing appears somewhat faster)

So I was wondering where the actual mysql server runs and if it runs locally (inside the same VM or a different one), whether the nwnx process connects to the local sql DB through the localhost IP (127.0.0.1) without encryption (as it should be: fastest).

In case it connects through the local LAN IP (192.168.0.x f.i.), this might slow things down, it may even involve rerouting, firewalling/packet inspection, which would be a big waste of overhead and unneccesary for a local connection. You can bet this makes things unstable too, it may even connect to these issues where two players connect from the same IP adress through portmapping on the LAN IP. Somehow this disrupts the database connection, I can imagine this happens faster if the database connection works over the LAN subnet as well.

I am curious of how the system is setup, I'm assuming a lot here, I could also assume the database isn't being run locally, but I do, so I had to ask this technical question of whether the internal database connection is as efficient as it gets.

I'll assume my assumptions are just assumptions but in case the system could use some optimizations on this, I would offer any help I can give if needed.

greets and thanks for keeping up Nordock,

Xillie
raradra
DM

Post by raradra »

I run a dedicated server, not local, out of Georgia for all my websites. Nordock is on there and it's not VM like it used to be. I know it's current PHP, MYsql, and Apache (just upgraded recently) and is a linux server.

If you look here you can see the specs: https://cyberwurx.com/dedicated-managed I run dedicated I but with dual quadcores rather than just the 1 and I have an SSD as well as the Sata drive (SSD is dedicated to the mysql databases and processes).
-------
Tymora
Lolth
Paragor