Earth nature field

Poll: Item Level Restriction - bring it back?

Posts regarding the servers of Nordock

Item Level Restriction

Poll ended at Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:38 am

Yes
36%
No
64%

Total votes: 11
raradra
DM

Re: Poll: Item Level Restriction - bring it back?

Post by raradra »

Otherworldly wrote: Anyway.. whatever choice is made by the group I will stand by, I've said way more than my fair share so I'll leave it at that.
We consider all opinions valid. If we didn't we wouldn't allow a vote on changes like this :) As long as your approach is mature and polite (as yours have been) you shouldn't feel obligated to stay quiet.
-------
Tymora
Lolth
Paragor
Brainley

Post by Brainley »

Well, whatever we decide, I imagine it won't affect the amount that I play. I'll admit that I haven't been around much over the past few months. Real life has been pretty "eventful." In any case, ILR is my personal preference, after playing the game since 2003 and seeing how the mechanics work - but feel free to take that with a grain of salt. My length of play doesn't give me any special merit to dictate how others enjoy the server.
Otherworldly

Post by Otherworldly »

Thanks Rara ;) I'm afraid anymore on it and I'll just be repeating myself xD
Krumb
Skald Uffgood
Dante Farblake
Bergelcut
Beard

Post by Beard »

Allow me to illustrate a few points for you Xillie, I left ILR alone when rebirthing Richterm's Retreat to try and strike a balance of something that works to make it as true to it's origins, while 'updating' a few things with different ideas for an older game. In the beginning, I thought by the changes I was making and the direction I headed, I'm certain I left the impression that this was something that was going to be felt out and tested to find what the other DMs and I would come to a consensus on as the best direction to take the server. Which in itself would mean changes along the way to best suit the current player base, try to involve the players in changes like this, and move from there, if we change something and it doesn't work, we'll roll the change back.

Having said that, I'm not sure what decided to crawl up your rear about ILR all of a sudden when I never see you logged in and almost no feedback aside from this outburst on the forums, not even so much as a question fired at me on facebook. I had made it very clear this wasn't a 'resurrection' it was a 'restoration' and would build on that an evolve the server, change can be bad or good, nothing that's been done to date cannot be reversed, everything is based on what we (the dev team) have taken as a direction to push for the future of Nordock, and based on player feedback, revert, alter, or add to that. Your "My Nordock Experience" can be your own on your own server, go download the module and make it what you want, and play by yourself. You as a single individual making a huge whine fest of disagreement is nothing short of pathetic itself, insults lend absolutely no credit to any point you want to make. The simple solution to your whining is cast your vote and wait. If ILR is reinstated, so be it, don't bother playing if it gives you a rage boner you can't ignore, go spank it off else where. If reinstating ILR doesn't work, I'll happily turn it off. ILR isn't about fixing our blunders as a staff, it's about addressing a foundation on where to go from here and deal with LKN items, highly geared players that spank every mob in the module without challenge, and how best to combat the imbalance epic levels themselves bring to the table.

On a final note, as far as a 'restoration' goes, Epic had level costs, I never had the resources until I recovered more files from my own personal drives that I felt I would personally devote a 12 hour process to rebuilding an old drive of mine to see if any old files existed, guess what, I found some, so I threw them back on without a 'vote'. I've made this arguement I'm about to make to you now, with several other people I've yet to get a response from. If you personally want to donate the time, had shown even a remote interest beyond playing and bitching and wanted to actually contribute, you could have applied for a development position like several people have and will be apart of this mods future. You're total lack of contribution (excepting in the early days of me alone busting my balls to stabilize everything and rewrite a large portion of HCR to adapt with more modern databasing and fix issues, which you were very tolerant of constant reboots and such) and interest in the future of this server is mind blowing that you could turn up out of the blue and bitch to such a degree and in a disrespectful way. The honest truth is you're a petty asshole when you don't get your way or something doesn't fit to your idea of what should be. To say you support democracy and act like such a whiney douche is hypocritcal to the last ounce of your being. Either support the community or don't bother getting involved. Be constructive, or don't speak.

TL;DR Xillie, man the fuck up and contribute constructively, or go away.
baugnesh

Post by baugnesh »

Teehee, I voted anyways :c) do dm/qm votes count as double at the end? Considering these people hardly play as players and when they do they usually segregate themselves from the 'naughty' players so why even have a vote? Just tell people not in the 'inner circle' they aren't welcome here.

Off-Topic 630,000gp to level up from 35 to 36 btw? LOL where was this vote?

I do admit though, this has helped me find the joys of mining for fish. Large trout anyone?
Paul_Kettlebones
DM

Post by Paul_Kettlebones »

I spend most of my time here as a player and only sometimes as DM. When I play, I will role play with anyone around me whether you are a DM or not.
If your favored playstyle is high powered Epic end grinding or any variation of the hack and slash style, then no I won't travel with you because that is not my favored play style. I'm glad you responded to the poll to let your view be known. :)
Logins: Paul_Kettlebones & DM_Requietum.
Lliira
DM

Post by Lliira »

baugnesh wrote:Teehee, I voted anyways :c) do dm/qm votes count as double at the end? Considering these people hardly play as players and when they do they usually segregate themselves from the 'naughty' players so why even have a vote? Just tell people not in the 'inner circle' they aren't welcome here.
For the record, I have cast one vote. I will not vote on my player account, this would not be fair.

And...I run with most of you guys as I have time, whether you RP or not. :P
Lliira – Joy, Festivals
Sehanine (Moonbow) – Dreams, Mysticism, Moon Elves
Yondalla – Creation, Tradition, Wisdom
Zinzerena - Chaos, Assassins
Paul_Kettlebones
DM

Post by Paul_Kettlebones »

Lliira wrote:And...I run with most of you guys as I have time, whether you RP or not. :P
Softy.
Logins: Paul_Kettlebones & DM_Requietum.
Lliira
DM

Post by Lliira »

baugnesh wrote: Off-Topic 630,000gp to level up from 35 to 36 btw? LOL where was this vote?

I do admit though, this has helped me find the joys of mining for fish. Large trout anyone?
Read Phoenix's post above (response to Xillie), there was no vote, this is a restoration of the most recent original Epic server training costs. 1 gp per total xp required to get to that next level. Prior to that change, the cost was 2,000,000 gp to train from 35 to 36.

:shock:
Lliira – Joy, Festivals
Sehanine (Moonbow) – Dreams, Mysticism, Moon Elves
Yondalla – Creation, Tradition, Wisdom
Zinzerena - Chaos, Assassins
Siim

Post by Siim »

Lliira wrote: Prior to that change, the cost was 2,000,000 gp to train from 35 to 36.

:shock:
[/quote]

And about a week ago the cost was 0. Obviously according to Lliira it's baugnesh's fault he didn't get the level a few days ealier.

Anyway why was this poll created anyway? It's not like ILR matters past lvl 20? Oh team Phoenix-Raradra-Lliira wants to put more emphasis on lower lvls and encourage teamwork? Well I've got a solution for you: bring Classic server back