Earth nature field

Epic bugged

Please post any in-game or website related bugs you encounter and any helpful steps or information to replicate the bug. **NOTE** If this is an unbalancing in-game exploit, please PM the DMs with the information to avoid any possible abuses. If you're unsure, PM the DMs.
Narisus

Epic bugged

Post by Narisus »

Epic server is acting odd, cant use the UD portals. The monsters dont seem lootable, it just drops on the ground. not sure what else just on for a few minutes so far.
Narisus

Re: Epic bugged

Post by Narisus »

ah also most npc's, cant talk to them or buy boat tickets.
Lliira
DM

Post by Lliira »

Tuesday evening: Is this still an issue?
Lliira – Joy, Festivals
Sehanine (Moonbow) – Dreams, Mysticism, Moon Elves
Yondalla – Creation, Tradition, Wisdom
Zinzerena - Chaos, Assassins
Xillie

Post by Xillie »

Yes. No script runs.
Gxtun

Post by Gxtun »

Classic boots my PC
Epic appears offline
Diff appears offline
Revenge works fine.
Lliira
DM

Post by Lliira »

I am not sure how to answer this player, he posted this in Land of Nordock on Facebook:

Hi Guys. I was wondering if somebody could help. Ive posted here because I cant seem to get onto my account on the forums.
When the servers were down last january, I logged into the Epic Strip server in order to download a couple of my nordock charachters to my PC.
Anyways when I logged back into the strip server, I noticed that the previous charachter I had logged in with had been deleted from my user profile. The same then happened with the second charachter i used in the strip server. So, both charachters in my profile have now been deleted with all their gear etc etc.

I thought they might appear back in my profile when the proper servers came back online, but they havent.

I was wondering if there are any backups of charachters that could be uploaded to my profile so I could use my much loved cleric again.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Forum name: Dragonslayer
Neverwinter nights account username: bazniff
Lliira – Joy, Festivals
Senectus
DM

Post by Senectus »

I can see you have three characters under bazniff in the Epic servervault, with an additional single copy of each, and all of them are at zero file length.

That is to say, they are corrupted unfortunately due to the disk being full at the time you accessed them - the game of course tries to rewrite them when you logout.

I haven't been able to locate a backup of any of them. The only backup that I know that might exist is one from when the servers went dark for a fair while back around 2011 or so.

I thought one of them was an older character name, but I haven't had any luck locating one similar in the old backup yet.

The three character names seem to be, at least by filename:
grasshopper
korieders
okrappgravelgutz

If you have local copies of them, we might be able to upload them, but Raradra would have the final word on that; they'd be searched of course to see if anything funny/unusual appeared on them - not that we don't trust you or anything like that. ;)
Lliira
DM

Post by Lliira »

I am pretty sure that Okrapp is his cleric. I will copy your response to Land of Nordock on Facebook, in case he is still not able to log in here. I did sent a 'force reactivation' request to his email.
Lliira – Joy, Festivals