Earth nature field

Mercenary Death Bug - Stays Dead, Items Stuck

Please post any in-game or website related bugs you encounter and any helpful steps or information to replicate the bug. **NOTE** If this is an unbalancing in-game exploit, please PM the DMs with the information to avoid any possible abuses. If you're unsure, PM the DMs.
TwistedVision

Mercenary Death Bug - Stays Dead, Items Stuck

Post by TwistedVision »

I was exploring Kabu on my wizard with 'Little Gruumash' and had fully kitted him out in decent gear.

I ran into a high level backspawn which killed him very quickly. Normally, while that might be frustrating, the items will drop and can be retrieved but only the shield he was using and the bow in his inventory dropped in a bag. Fortunately(?) his weapon got disarmed so I was able to collect that from the ground.

However, he is still wearing everything else and has remained dead despite trying two Raise Dead scrolls on him (one of the body itself, the other on his portrait in party).

He is still following me through area transitions while being dead, so I have dragged him back to Loknar for now.

I really don't want to lose his gear, so is there any way to fix this? I'll stay logged in on that character as long as I can but may be semi-afk at times.
Lliira
DM

Re: Mercenary Death Bug - Stays Dead, Items Stuck

Post by Lliira »

I do not think that there is a way to fix this. Sometimes the scripting causes the mercenary's inventory to show up on other dead mercenaries. See if you can locate any other dead Gruumash. Or get one killed on a lower level character. I can try to raise him, when I get home from work in four hours. Sorry! (Raise dead has never worked for me, but heal kits have, as long as you have not moved the corpse. For whatever crazy reason, DM Heals often work.)
Lliira – Joy, Festivals
Sehanine (Moonbow) – Dreams, Mysticism, Moon Elves
Yondalla – Creation, Tradition, Wisdom
Zinzerena - Chaos, Assassins
TwistedVision

Post by TwistedVision »

Thank you for the DM assistance, Little Gruumash is now alive and I have retrieved his gear.
TwistedVision

Post by TwistedVision »

Same bug again - mercenary died to unexpected high level spawn and just lies there doing nothing.

Any possibility for a DM to assist in fixing him?

Unfortunately this time the spawn killed me as well, meaning I wasn't able to bring him back to the safety of Loknar while in party like before. So currently he is lying on a sandbank near the entrance to Breece Falls.
TwistedVision

Post by TwistedVision »

Thank you to whoever brought him back, I recovered the gear.