Earth nature field

IC Stories - The Abbot from Afar

A place to share in-character stories and event recaps! All out of character text should be noted as such.
berylgreen

IC Stories - The Abbot from Afar

Post by berylgreen »

....the cleric is wearied by many weeks of travel and pursuit. He reaches Brosna by boat, finally, and takes some much needed rest there. Though it is drizzling lightly, the sun comes up in Brosna. A kindly cleric sets up a rented table near the south gate and begins to draw the attention of local residents.

Honor Stillfire, a young Halfling, stood at the docks in Benzor, looking around. She was dressed all in green, yellow and brown, the colors of her Patron. Her feet were bare, as seemed to be the fashion of many Halflings. She thought to herself that it would be a good day…a good day to see the Capital once again, a good day to see what could be seen. Inquisitive by nature, she loved to explore and travel.

She approached the boat captain: “Hiya, Captain! Can I go ta Brosna, please?” The captain responded affirmatively, and they set sail.

After some time, the ship docked, and Honor stepped off onto the wharf of Brosna. “Woo! I think this place has gotten bigger!”

Wandering through Brosna, Honor took in all of the sights. She watched dockworkers carrying their burdens, merchants hawking their wares, and various townspeople standing around and chatting.

Approaching the southern part of the city, Honor noticed an odd sight: A man, dressed in worn robes, sat at a table placed near the gates. As Honor got closer, she noticed her friend, Shania, talking to the man.

Shania inclined her head respectfully to the stranger, “Good evening, sir.” Honor walked closer, and with her usual exuberance, exclaimed, “Hiya, Shania!” Shania returned Honor’s greeting; the stranger smiled and also greeted the Halfling, “Hello, miss.”

Honor, tilting her head to the side, responded, “ Hiya, sir! Do you have wares?” The man answered in an odd manner, “Allow me to introduce myself. I am Abbot Parristin, from across the sea.” Shania asked him if he was from Abiz. The Abbot stated, “I don't know what Abiz is, but it isn't where I'm from. I have been at sea for several weeks to reach this place.” Both young girls exclaimed at this, not realizing that the sea could be that large. Honor asked if an Abbot was a priest, and the Abbot responded that it was similar, that he was a priest of a monastery.

He went on, “In my younger days, I used to perform feats of speed and agility most 'clerics' could only dream of, but that was long ago.” He chuckled. “Indeed, there was a time I think I could've swam the vast expanse of ocean. But no longer...” The Abbot looked around, then continued, “I...I have come here seeking aid. I fear I cannot complete my mission on my own.”

Standing as tall as she could, Honor exclaimed, “We can help ya!” Shania chimed in, “Oh, that's grand, we excel in lending aid.”

The Abbot smiled. “I am pleased to hear that, but just the two of you young girls? I would feel terrible if I sent you off to your deaths.”

...To Be Continued
berylgreen

Re: IC Stories - The Abbot from Afar

Post by berylgreen »

((This happened on Diff, years ago, but some of the characters are now on our new Epic. SD will recognize Shania...yes, I know that you can play a paladin. :P )
ShadowDancer

Re: IC Stories - The Abbot from Afar

Post by ShadowDancer »

//OMG, you remember her??
Plans? What plans?? I'm making this up as I go!!
V For Vendetta