Earth nature field

Silver half plate

Please post any in-game or website related bugs you encounter and any helpful steps or information to replicate the bug. **NOTE** If this is an unbalancing in-game exploit, please PM the DMs with the information to avoid any possible abuses. If you're unsure, PM the DMs.
RKtheFlat

Silver half plate

Post by RKtheFlat »

I kinda hate myself for posting this because ATS is entirely disrespectful of player time and the entire silver tier of armor is 100% useless, unless you're trying to maliciously suggesting something in the hopes that another player will put an item on to handicap themselves and die more often. Discussion about making crafted silver items worth using in any capacity at any time should probably come up, but not in the bug report forum.

The crafting formula for half plate is:
28 ingots of any metal + a crafted chain mail of that same metal.
Silver half plate is craftable with 28 ingots, the crafted chainmail is neither consumed nor required in any capacity.

I pulled my ingots out into my top inventory page and checked the math since it was clearly bugged and 28 ingots are correctly used.
WafflesMcDuff
Server Host

Re: Silver half plate

Post by WafflesMcDuff »

What happens if you don’t have the chain mail in your inventory?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- New RR ServerHost
- Artyn Lavek (classic/epic/revenge)
- Autolycus Venerian (epic)
- Clyde MacIntosh (epic)
- Josh Goldberg (facebook)
RKtheFlat

Post by RKtheFlat »

You're still able to craft silver half plate.

This is not the case for gold (crafting gold half plate properly consumes the gold chain mail.)
RKtheFlat

Post by RKtheFlat »

I am mistaken, gold behaves the same as silver. I wasn't watching my inventory as closely. Gold half plate is craftable with 28 ingots, no check for or necessitation of having half plate.
RKtheFlat

Gold half plate

Post by RKtheFlat »

I am mistaken, gold behaves the same as silver. I wasn't watching my inventory as closely. Gold half plate is craftable with 28 ingots, no check for or necessitation of having half plate.
RKtheFlat

Post by RKtheFlat »

I have a suggestion here regarding the formulary. I apologize to SH for this, but if he's going to deep dive code to fix this, this suggestion is more logical for what these items are and will ultimately make this feel less grindy/like a waste of time. Edit: sorry, I like a touch of reality/science in my fantasy where it fits. also sorry this would require a light edit of the crafting manuals.[/edit]

The formula for crafting a breastplate is a crafted studded leather and 22 ingots of X metal. This works, You need to spend ~460 gold per studded leather if you don't craft it yourself. You notice it, this formula works as intended.

I'm unclear if the aqua studded leather armors from tailoring can be used in armor crafting, but i suspect they cannot as the item name is different.

The formula for Chainmail is 16 ingots and 2 cloth padding. Maybe I'm dragging too much reality into this, but maybe increase that to 20 ingots and decrease it to 1 cloth padding.

The formula for a breastplate is is 22 ingots + 1 crafted studded leather. Keep this.

As I stated above, the formula for Half plate is 28 ingots + 1 chainmail. In reality, half plate is a breastplate rounded out with a black plate and gorget (neck armor) plus head armor (but helmet is a separate item), spaulders (shoulder protection), maybe a touch of upper arm coverage, and maybe some upper thigh coverage. Instead of building half plate out of chain mail, it should require a breast plate to build out of, not chain mail. The crafted studded leather from before covers the "padding" that would be in the back half of the armor, so I'm not suggesting adding any padding in the form of leather or cloth padding.. suggested formula - 22 ingots + crafted breastplate of same metal. (total ingots with breastplate: 44, unchanged)

The formula for Full plate is 2 hardened leather hides plus 40 ingots. This has always bothered me, Full plate is half plate with arm and leg coverage, as well as foot protection and gauntlets (though boots and gloves are separate item slots). Add the hardened leather hides here for the padding of the arms and legs: Suggested formula - Half Plate of the same metal + 2 hardened leather hides + 16 ingots

This increases the total number of ingots for a full plate of X metal by 50% from 40 to 60. It slightly lowers the gold cost of production, as expensive as the crafted studded leather is (lower that?!), but at the same time it decreases the number of mine trips by reusing the armors if you stash them and makes more sense as a formulary. Alternatively, change all the formulas so that none of them rely on having an armor of a previous type (this includes breastplate, just change it to 2 cloth padding or some sort of leather hide which is much less expensive. The cost is prohibitive to server-newbs) and increase the number of ingots to compensate not having the previous armor type in their formula.