Earth nature field

Bag problem

Please post any in-game or website related bugs you encounter and any helpful steps or information to replicate the bug. **NOTE** If this is an unbalancing in-game exploit, please PM the DMs with the information to avoid any possible abuses. If you're unsure, PM the DMs.
michael5229

Bag problem

Post by michael5229 »

So I've got a WM from long ago used to work perfectly. Came back after like 5 years and I'm having problems with the bags in her inventory.. just a few of them that where on the 4th row down, are not opening and when i try to open any of them it shuts down the game.. all the way to the start screen. This is only happening to a few bags though so i'd like to get that fixed thank you Cya in game
Account: m93
Character: Elendil Elanesse
Thanks
Ridnarea
Senectus
DM

Re: Bag problem

Post by Senectus »

I'm not sure what happened, but the bag appears to have become corrupt somehow. I can reproduce the problem even in a local basic/small test module with that character (Epic server vault).

I can Leto the character and can locate the bag, and see what's in it; it shows it has four items in it. There are two custom Seraph items in it, one shortbow from the standard nwn toolset, and one quest reward item from Nordock that anyone can choose as a reward when completing the particular quest.

I'll see if I can fix up the character in some fashion, but would advise not opening that bag. You could also toss it away to be safe, and I can replace as time permits.

It's possible one of the custom items is causing the issue, but it's not clear at all that's what the trouble is or what actually caused the corruption.

Just to confirm, I only found one bag/container to be problematic. The rest seem to open fine.
Lliira
DM

Post by Lliira »

One thing that might be the issue - custom items may be nodrop, but somehow were able to be put into the bag. (But now cannot be removed.)
Lliira – Joy, Festivals
Sehanine (Moonbow) – Dreams, Mysticism, Moon Elves
Yondalla – Creation, Tradition, Wisdom
Zinzerena - Chaos, Assassins
Senectus
DM

Post by Senectus »

To the best of my knowledge this problem has been resolved.