Earth nature field

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition

General Discussion about anything even loosely related to Nordock
Lliira
DM

Re: Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition

Post by Lliira »

I have found no way to be able to log into 1.69 mods using EE.
Lliira – Joy, Festivals
Sehanine (Moonbow) – Dreams, Mysticism, Moon Elves
Yondalla – Creation, Tradition, Wisdom
Zinzerena - Chaos, Assassins
DreamWeaver

Post by DreamWeaver »

That's unfortunate, especially since Beamdog seemed genuinely interested in backwards compatibility, and even hired some folks from the community, like NWNX's viursman. I did read that the console version of EE supposedly has problems with 1.69 PC content, but the PC version should've worked.
Silverizer

Post by Silverizer »

Well its a few years later and there is now an official version of Richterm's Retreat Retreat EE Online.

I'm not sure if I want to join the server at this point, as I'm already pretty establish with high level characters in the A Dawn of Heroes version. ADOH is an ok server, with a few interesting updates, but its not a rp server and a few of the changes I find questionable.

But I would be more than tempted to join the official RR Nordock server if I could get my old classic character Krom Stoneforge into the EE. He is an old Mith Baruk member.

Are there any plans to offer a public release for the official EE version?

I am finding that the 1.69 public release version does not seem to be working properly in EE. So I suspect there must have been some modifications to get Nordock to work properly in EE.

I would like to learn the building tools and create/expand the world and update some areas. To take advantage of additional assets/ Tile sets included with the EE. Things like the Drow City tile set, rolling hills ect.
WafflesMcDuff
Server Host

Post by WafflesMcDuff »

Silverizer wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:54 pm
But I would be more than tempted to join the official RR Nordock server if I could get my old classic character Krom Stoneforge into the EE. He is an old Mith Baruk member.
We have already setup a system to automatically port your character from 1.69/Diamond Epic over to EE Epic.

If you want to bring your characters over from Epic, there is a small task you need to do.
1) Find your NWN Diamond edition folder, where nwmain.exe is located.
2) In that folder, there is a file called nwncdkey.ini -- Copy that file somewhere such as your desktop
3) Open C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\Neverwinter Nights
4) Copy the nwncdkey.ini file from wherever you put it (such as your desktop) into this folder -- make sure the name stays nwncdkey.ini
5) Don't touch any other files in this folder
6 ) Go ahead and launch NWN:EE
7) Please make sure you use the EXACT same spelling/capitalization for your NWN:EE Multiplayer username as you used on NWN 1.69/Diamond. This, combined with your CD Key is how our NWN:EE Server will recognize who you are. (for example - if you used WafflesMcDuff on NWN 1.69/diamond, wafflesmcduff will NOT work) That's it! We hope to see you online soon on NWN:EE!

Please join our discord server for quicker answers to any troubles you might encounter: https://discord.gg/Qx4XFPXaRk
Silverizer wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:54 pm Are there any plans to offer a public release for the official EE version?
I am finding that the 1.69 public release version does not seem to be working properly in EE. So I suspect there must have been some modifications to get Nordock to work properly in EE.
Unfortunately not, The PR released by Richterm in 2005 is the last Public Release of Richterm's Retreat Nordock.
That being said, it is completely possible to host your own PR Nordock server on EE. You must open the module in the nwtoolset.exe for NWN Enhanced Edition (found in the same folder as your NWN:EE nwmain.exe). Then recompile the module. This will convert the module into an NWN:EE compatible version.
Silverizer wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:54 pm I would like to learn the building tools and create/expand the world and update some areas. To take advantage of additional assets/ Tile sets included with the EE. Things like the Drow City tile set, rolling hills ect.
I recommend checking out the Neverwinter Vault Discord chat. There's a large group of people there who are very knowledgeable and happy to help people learn: https://discord.gg/pWVqMRX
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- New RR ServerHost
- Artyn Lavek (classic/epic/revenge)
- Autolycus Venerian (epic)
- Clyde MacIntosh (epic)
- Josh Goldberg (facebook)
Lliira
DM

Post by Lliira »

We do not move version characters between the different mods. For example, we will not move a Difficult character to Epic, or a Classic character to Difficult. It causes issues due to the different rulesets and item level restrictions.
Lliira – Joy, Festivals
Sehanine (Moonbow) – Dreams, Mysticism, Moon Elves
Yondalla – Creation, Tradition, Wisdom
Zinzerena - Chaos, Assassins
Silverizer

Post by Silverizer »

Lliira wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:59 pm We do not move version characters between the different mods. For example, we will not move a Difficult character to Epic, or a Classic character to Difficult. It causes issues due to the different rulesets and item level restrictions.
Then too bad there is not a Classic version of Richterm's Retreat EE.

I would like to see a big revival of Richterm's Retreat in the EE.

Too bad it didn't launch sooner as it may have been more popular by now in EE.

I think some changes and updates could revive the player base of Richterm's Retreat EE. Like some new development, revamped areas (Like use the Drow City Tilesets for Drow Cities). The death penalty is also an issue, as I think it was designed originally for when the server was really popular. There was more likely a Cleric that could help out when the server was busy. But I honestly was never a big fan of the death system in Richterm's Retreat. Losing levels just stings bad. Nordock ADOH EE, instead has an Xp debt system (Except for level 40).

There must have been some good will to the community when there was the public release. But at this time, I find that the old public release doesn't work well in EE. Even after I open and save it in the toolset in EE, there seems to be some bugs related to the death system and the crafting system. So unless I totally don't know when I'm doing, then I think and EE public release would be a nice gesture to the community.