Earth nature field

Help removing ATS and switching to CNR

General Discussion about anything even loosely related to Nordock
Richard_Uther
DM

Help removing ATS and switching to CNR

Post by Richard_Uther »

I'm not asking for help in the sense of "get into the toolset and help me", it's more of a brainstorm type of help that I need. The clean up process should be straight forward in the sense of removing all scripts and all blueprints associated with it. However, all the NPCs that have dialogs regarding crafting need to be updated as well, so are the creatures that drop hides and stuff like that, so if we can have a list with areas, stating which npcs and which stations are in them that use the system, it'll not only speed up the process, it'll help me figure out how to lay down the resources, because it's not just a matter of "putting the CNR copper veins where the ATS ones used to be", there's far more stuff to use. So every bit of help with this data will be helpful.

Frodo just called me on the phone, he said "I went into a volcano and tossed a ring into the fire, you're just screwed!" Trust me, you don't want to be in my shoes right now.
Xillie

Re: Help removing ATS and switching to CNR

Post by Xillie »

It would take the 1 or 2 persons in the community that currently have a holistic insight in the extreme interwoven character of ATS in the module about a week per craft to make an inventory of everything, I estimate. That is, by scavenging in the toolset, not by using memory and travelling in the module which would take much longer. And I think that would be about 1/10th of the work required to replace everything essential.
Maybe Frodo can help you, I'm sorry but I cannot possibly believe in this approach.

Cheers.
Xillie

Post by Xillie »

Uhm, if you would split your "mad" plan into small pieces with a clear short-term goal that neurotic and autistic folk like me can bite in, I'll be glad to help.
Richard_Uther
DM

Post by Richard_Uther »

I think you misunderstood, I don't need an inventory of everything, I probably know where most of the stuff is. However, Phoenix did add a bunch of stuff that I'm unaware of, and it's possible that my memory fails and I can't remember certain things, like trees. If you don't want to take notes and post them here, fine by me, man. Don't come bitching at my door when I went with my gut feeling and your resources aren't in the places they used to be.

Get it guys, crafting system is being switched. You either help me put the resources where you are used to find them, or I'll force you to rediscover the place and make you explore. Your pick. If it was up to me, we'd go the second option, you should thank Raradra for keeping me from going my way. Now you either be helpful or don't. What I need is notes on NPCs and resources that would be in weird places. Don't add the freaking guys at the crafting hall in benzor, I'm aware of those suckers.
FooLing

Post by FooLing »

Sorry to keep you waiting. PM sent.
Richard_Uther
DM

Post by Richard_Uther »

Thanks Foo! That's exactly what I was asking for. I can do my own list while I delete stuff, but chances are that I delete something, get distracted by the dogs, my girlfriend or my boss and then I forget to add the info. If the players help out with this, we reduce the chances of Widard and I missing something. That's the point of this thread.