Earth nature field

Loot "tables" might use a review.

Please post any in-game or website related bugs you encounter and any helpful steps or information to replicate the bug. **NOTE** If this is an unbalancing in-game exploit, please PM the DMs with the information to avoid any possible abuses. If you're unsure, PM the DMs.
Xillie

Loot "tables" might use a review.

Post by Xillie »

Im getting anoxic about this:

Sunsouls +1

hinfist gloves +2

reflexboots+2

acid flask

fire thingie.

I think the loottables (nwtreasure XML files) have become rediculous.

It has changed alot since the old RR, no matter what anyone is going to deny about this.
It is very obvious that nowadays you find 10 times as much acid flasks and skins and crafting crap. I have no problem quickly finding millions of GP worth of crap though......I find mountains of loot faster than anyone. It is all useless crap however and this used to be less.

I no longer want to own myself by finding crap and no longer go for droploot and find I only farm fixed and unknown fixed things in the mod before anyone else gets them and when DMs are not looking, gnahaha :twisted: .

Areas where one can only get XP and droploot I now refuse to visit.

Please reconsider reviewing the nwtreasure XML files nowadays and compare them to the ones 6 years ago.

greets,

Xillie
Last edited by Xillie on Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xillie

Re: Loot "tables" have become rediculous

Post by Xillie »

Hehe, ok, having more oxygen now...not sure where and if I actually have a problem, so help me out please :lol:

I have some of the rare drop immunity gear (that I often do not use).....that stuff doesn't seem more rare than it used to be.

I also like that there seem relatively more one-shot recipees now the server has less options to choose from.

It's just that too often I even find repetition in the "randomness".

Finding one cured small black hide, one hardened white hide and an acid flask.......then 3 minutes later after finding many more skins you even find this same random combo.

I even overlooked ioun stones lately because I took them for fire and holy flasks. :roll:

The core issue for me is that the many millions worth of GP I find are items that, with crafting and quest stuff accessible , are so useless. This has always been the case somewhat......maybe it is just the accessibility to epic levels that makes me feel this harder....

Personally, I like that with crafted gear, epic shop gear and quest gear, most if not all classes can get a complete and decent equipment not being dependant on luck on droploot. So no way would I claim "the game is about droploot", it definitely isn't. But if it you think it is not at all, you end up with not clicking corpses at all anymore..So I do click corpses.

It's the repetition and, where I do not have a problem with epic levelling costs, I wish I could want to keep more items and not sell them besides full amulets of the master. Perhaps I mean to say there are too little subtop-tier usefull items.

Or even, maybe, heh, there are too much subtoptier items that are useless, iow, the tables need to be nerfed further so that we find less cr*p.

Anyone agreeing or relativizing?

greets,

Xillie
Richard_Uther
DM

Post by Richard_Uther »

I don't think anyone will deny it. There are a lot of things to fix, and I can assure you, work is being done. But here's the truth, we simply don't have the manpower there was 6 years ago, so don't expect things to be fixed overnight. Things are getting fixed every day, you probably just don't notice it unless it's a big change.

I'm currently not involved in Development for this module, so that's the best answer I can give you. I'm sure when someone who actually is working on the module reads your report, they will be able to give you a better one.
raradra
DM

Post by raradra »

Epic, classic, diff/revenge were all different tables. We are using the epic tables and those have not changed.
-------
Tymora
Lolth
Paragor
Xillie

Post by Xillie »

I wasn't even expecting a "fix", let alone overnight :)

I know enough good things happen/have happened to the module.

Lemme see if I can soften the subject title some.

Xillie.