Earth nature field

Toolset Noob needs a little (well quite a bit of help.

Please post any in-game or website related bugs you encounter and any helpful steps or information to replicate the bug. **NOTE** If this is an unbalancing in-game exploit, please PM the DMs with the information to avoid any possible abuses. If you're unsure, PM the DMs.
Dragonslayer

Toolset Noob needs a little (well quite a bit of help.

Post by Dragonslayer »

I have finally given in to the nagging of my 10 year old son and allowed to play on Nordock (after watching me for quite a while).
I won't let him play online but I decided to get the Public release Nordock and let him play on that on my own computer.
The problem is there are a few issues which are making it unplayable, and because I can't seem to solve all the problems in the toolset I was wondering if any toolset experts could help me .

1. All the zenghi are green (friendly) so we cant attack them. How do I make them unfriendly as normal.?
2. Cappy deep (and the brosna ticket guy), are unfriendly and as such are immediately getting killed by locals when you arrive off a boat.So you can never buy keys to travel on a boat. Is this a faction issue.?
3. You can't loot any corpses. When you wave the mouse over the body it highlights but it "is not clickable" so you can't search any body's. How can I make corpses lootable like as normal.
4. Some shop keepers are hostile.
5. I would like to put in a couple of things from the CEP that I like the look of cirtain weapons and armour. How do I include this into my own mod.?
6. Dragons don't wing buffet
7. A curtain amulet from a curtain dragon doesn't seem to work. Can this be fixed so my son can try to get them?

Many thanks in advance.

Dragonslayer
Dragonslayer

Re: Toolset Noob needs a little (well quite a bit of help.

Post by Dragonslayer »

Blast it. Sorry, I've just realised this post is in the wrong place on the forum. It should be in the General discussion bit. That's what you get for posting using a smart phone.

DM please delete this as you see fit.

Apologies
Xillie

Post by Xillie »

Hey DS,

If I'm not mistaken the idea of the 2008 release was "final release" before the beautification project.
Much content has been removed, mostly blueprints so many things do not work and will only work if you bring back into the mod exactly what was torn out of it (the blueprints).

You can try spending a couple of weekends trying to export thousands of missing scripts and blueprints from the 1.70 mod and hope you can fix the 2008 version.

The 2008 version is useless in itself and should be seen as "not meant to be used as functional module".
It can be usefull for ripping things out of that lack in the 1.70 version.

Its "value" is that it contains most of Catapaults areas that are absent in the 1.70 version. So you could try exporting what is left of all the post-1.70 content from the 2008 version and try import it into the (functional) 1.70 version, that would be your best go.

Or just run the 1.70 version without the "epic" areas.

Also, keep in mind that the mod is supposed to run with a sql database backend that stores ATS skillpoints, death information, some quest data and some other things, these will not work without.....

Should you have serious plans of setting up a server with a database, I can help you set it up but it's quite a project:)

check here: http://www.nwnx.org/

greets,

Xillie
Dragonslayer

Post by Dragonslayer »

Thanks for the reply Xillie. I didn't know nearly all that stuff.

I was really just after running on my own PC so my son could play away to his hearts content without having to go online ( I don't allow my kids online unsupervised)

I will check out nwnx .org though, it kinda sounds interesting.

Once again apologies to those in charge about this thread being in the wrong place, I have reposted it in general discussion where it should be.

Thanks.
raradra
DM

Post by raradra »

No worries :) Good luck!
-------
Tymora
Lolth
Paragor