Earth nature field

Mulrok merchants very buggy

Please post any in-game or website related bugs you encounter and any helpful steps or information to replicate the bug. **NOTE** If this is an unbalancing in-game exploit, please PM the DMs with the information to avoid any possible abuses. If you're unsure, PM the DMs.
SirPalamor

Mulrok merchants very buggy

Post by SirPalamor »

Before most recent reset I couldn't speak to the armorer because he was "busy". Now I can speak with him, but he will not show me the store regardless of me requesting to buy or sell. I think it's because I was invisible when I initiated conversation. Or it could be that the guards were mad at me (they were blocking my way to the gate so I attacked one so he would move - which is why I went in invisible.)
Lliira
DM

Re: Mulrok merchants very buggy

Post by Lliira »

If you attack the NPCs, it changes your faction, and many will not talk to you, in fact - they might kill you. Being invisible should not affect the conversation.

A known issue: If a player sells to or buys from the Mulrok merchants, but does not finalize the conversation, the next player(s) cannot initiate a conversation with that merchant. He will show as busy, until the next reset.

Finalize your conversations, people – tell the merchant, “No thanks, that’s all.” Or whatever the choice is to end the conversation. Do not just close the conversation window.

After you try relogging, let us know if there are still issues.
Lliira – Joy, Festivals
Sehanine (Moonbow) – Dreams, Mysticism, Moon Elves
Yondalla – Creation, Tradition, Wisdom
Zinzerena - Chaos, Assassins
SirPalamor

Post by SirPalamor »

None of the guards inside were angry with me. Neither were the merchants. In fact, I could get the stores open from the other merchants.
SirPalamor

Post by SirPalamor »

The no-talk scenario would be solved if the NPCs were all de-spawned when player leaves the area and then re-spawned when a player enters. This would have a bonus side-effect of reducing memory used on the server. All NPCs should do this.
Lliira
DM

Post by Lliira »

Which merchant is not working correctly? What do they sell?
Lliira – Joy, Festivals
SirPalamor

Post by SirPalamor »

I just realized they were not mad at me because that is a no-PVP area. All the NPCs that saw me enter did charge towards me, but stopped. So they are all out of position. :|

The armorer is the one that has been giving me trouble (the one I use most). I did finally get him to sell to me by trying ALL his buy menus until one worked. It took about 10 tries (and cancelling out after each failure). So he bought my armor. Now I am stuck on Mulrok - the boat captain doesn't like me either. Buncha half-orc hatin' racists ;) All because the sentry was blocking my entry to the village.
Lliira
DM

Post by Lliira »

Come on back, your character and NPCs should be fixed now.
Lliira – Joy, Festivals
SirPalamor

Post by SirPalamor »

I think I know what caused that problem: the merchant is a big fat orc, and so am I ;) Apparently, it is difficult for us to do business, because our large bellies get in the way. It takes about 3-4 tries every time my half orc goes to sell armor.
Lliira
DM

Post by Lliira »

:shock:

:lol:
Lliira – Joy, Festivals