Earth nature field

Lost tradeskill progress

Please post any in-game or website related bugs you encounter and any helpful steps or information to replicate the bug. **NOTE** If this is an unbalancing in-game exploit, please PM the DMs with the information to avoid any possible abuses. If you're unsure, PM the DMs.
Xillie

Re: Lost tradeskill progress

Post by Xillie »

Cooooool 8-) Is that Georgia the US state or Georgia the ex-soviet state? :)

Soo, does the nwnx process connect to the mysql server via the internal loopback IP (127.0.0.1)?
If I'm not mistaken the adress and login credentials for the sql server should reside in the file called nwnx.ini (in nwn server folder).
In there I suppose you use 127.0.0.1 to connect to your database (best); if you use a local LAN IP (192.168.0.x or 10.0.0.x for instance) database access is probably much slower.

It's that I cannot understand since you run everything locally (should be fastest), why the database access is so incredibly slow. I'm quite convinced that if the DB connection wasn't so slow, the entire server would perform better to much better.

Maybe someone else has an idea?

greets,

Xillie
raradra
DM

Post by raradra »

Xillie wrote:Cooooool 8-) Is that Georgia the US state or Georgia the ex-soviet state? :)

Soo, does the nwnx process connect to the mysql server via the internal loopback IP (127.0.0.1)?
If I'm not mistaken the adress and login credentials for the sql server should reside in the file called nwnx.ini (in nwn server folder).
In there I suppose you use 127.0.0.1 to connect to your database (best); if you use a local LAN IP (192.168.0.x or 10.0.0.x for instance) database access is probably much slower.

It's that I cannot understand since you run everything locally (should be fastest), why the database access is so incredibly slow. I'm quite convinced that if the DB connection wasn't so slow, the entire server would perform better to much better.

Maybe someone else has an idea?

greets,

Xillie
Georgia USA. Note that the server files are on a SATA drive but the database is on an SSD drive for speed. Here is the nwnx.ini file

Code: Select all

; NWNX2 configuration file
; These are the default values for NWNX2. Values specified on the command
; line take precedence.

[NWNX]
ServerPort = 5121
ModuleName = "Nordock"
;  "Epic Nordock Dev Build"
WatchdogProcess = yes
UpdateIntervalProcess = 10
WatchdogGamespy = no
UpdateIntervalGamespy = 20
GamespyRetries = 5
OldGamespyProtocol = no
RestartDelay = 0

[ODBC2]
; Log file
MaxLogSize = 512 ; in KByte
LogLevel = 2 ; 0=nothing, 1=only errors, 2=everything

; Use these two settings for the SQLite internal database
;source = sqlite
;file   = sqlite.db

; Use these settings for MySQL4 or MySQL5
source  = mysql
server  = removed for security
port    = removed for security
user    = removed for security
pwd     = removed for security
db      = removed for security

; Set hookscorco to false if you want to disable hooking of
; StoreCampaignObject and RetrieveCampaignObject entirely
hookscorco = true

[PROFILER]
MaxLogSize = 512 ; in KByte
LogLevel = 2 ; 1=overall statistics, 2=full script callstack

;[CHAT]
;chat_script=fky_chat
;server_script=fky_chat_srv

; NWNX2 Resource Manager example configuration file
; Copy the contents of this file to your nwnx.ini file and
; edit the parameters accordingly !

;[RESOURCEMANAGER]
;MaxLogSize = 512 ; in KByte
;LogLevel   = 1 ; 0= nothing, 1=Resource Manager specific info, 2=list of all loaded resources
; Where Resource Manager loads the scripts from. Note the trailing backslash.
;SourcePath = scripts\chapter1\
;SourcePath = rrscripts\
-------
Tymora
Lolth
Paragor
Xillie

Post by Xillie »

It's been a while since I've fiddled with nwnx, it looks ok but what I was wondering was here:

; Use these settings for MySQL4 or MySQL5
source = mysql
server = removed for security
port = removed for security
user = removed for security
pwd = removed for security
db = removed for security

the "server" IP adress is all I was wondering about; whether it uses the 127.0.0.1 loopback IP for fastest access. If it connects through a local IP or even a public IP, packets may loop around alot, possibly subject to packetinspection, causing the slowdowns we experience on serious database access now.....possibly...
If for now nwnx connects to sql not via 127.0.0.1 and you want to try connecting via the 127.0.0.1 loopback IP, you may have to check the config in /etc/mysql for what adresses the sql server daemon should run on. (having it run on both loopback IP AND a network IP is a tricky thing I remember, having it run on loopback IP is safest too).

Anyway, maybe someone closer around you may consider helping you try connecting nwnx to the sql via the loopback IP if it doesn't for now and like me, you suspect it may cause slowdown.

Otherwise you can always PM me if you need help trying it out.

greets,

Xillie
raradra
DM

Post by raradra »

It doesn't show an IP just the directory it's in.
-------
Tymora
Lolth
Paragor