Earth nature field

Duergar and Laduguer the Gray Protector

Organize your Playergroups and Rosters here
artemishadow

Duergar and Laduguer the Gray Protector

Post by artemishadow »

Laduguer (Intermediate Deity) (Lawful Evil)

Laduguer occasionally still answers the prayers of other dwarves. The Gray Protector, as he is called, demands constant toil and a rigid hierarchy from his subjects, many of whom are slavers or would-be warlords.

Portfolio: Magic weapons, artisans, magic, duergar.
Domains: Evil, Law, Magic, Protection

Cleric training:

Would-be clerics of Laduguer engage in hour after hour of repetitive prayers, punctuated only by hard physical labor or similar hardships. Those who don't wash out of the process become clerics and inflict similar mind numbing initiations on the next generation of followers.

Quests: Laduguer's quests often involve awakening - and hopefully controlling - some long-bured evil. If an army of slaves is trying to unearth a fallen, ancient labryinth temple, Laduguer is probably behind it.

Prayers:

Prayers to Laduguer are simple one or two sentence affairs, but they're repeated dozens of times, with the same rhythm and intonation.

Temples:

Laduguer has simple temples unadorned with decoration. Many have torture chambers, prison cells, or battle arenas attached to them.

Rites:

Laduguer offers his followers few rites, because time spent in ceremonies is time spent away from more proper duties. "Rituals? Get back to work!" says the cleric of Laduguer.

Herald and Allies:

Laduguer's herald is a duergar a rogue assassin. His allies are bearded devils, barbed devils and pit fiends.

Favored Weapon: Warhammer

The most feared of the dwarven race are the degenerate and evil duergar or "gray dwarves," who have the magical ability to become invisible and increase their stature. These dwarves are a slim, gray-skinned people of about 4 feet in height. They are as mercantile and expansionistic as is practical. They will as easily trade with the drow, though they have no greater love for them, as they will war with them. Occasionally, a duergar will unwittingly breed with a devil and give birth to a half-fiend known as a durzagon, these creatures are somewhat taller than their duergar kin and empowered with dark powers, poison-secreting beards, claws, and fiendish resistances to many forms of attack. The duergar are sometimes joined by their chaotic, pale-skinned, and arcane cousins, the derro, who are rumored to be the result of magical cross-breeding between dwarves and humans. The city of Gracklstugh is the largest population of duergar in the North, though they are also fairly common in Mantol-Derith and Skullport, where they work as merchants and craftsmen. The derro are rumored to have a city of their own, named Tsenvilyg, which is blow the High Moor to the south.

There are also rumors of an even larger community of dwarves in the north known as the shield dwarves. (If you would like to know more information about this race, PM me please and I will provide what knowledge I have regarding it.)

This is all mostly verbatum from various dnd 3.5e books that I happen to have (only part that isn't is the section regarding shield dwarves) and are to help aid any player who is interested in playing a duergar, as of this moment I do not have any information regarding deep duerra so if you have questions about her I'd advise you to look on your own.

I created this in hopes of getting more people to play duergar so that we could establish some sort of consistent roleplay, there are no playergroup forums for them yet but I do have a few characters that I plan on turning into a more prominent clan within the duergar realm known as the Deathcrusher clan, if you desire any information regarding them, please PM me.

Arte
artemishadow

Re: Duergar and Laduguer the Gray Protector

Post by artemishadow »

In case anyone is wondering, I currently have 3 duergar toons and Foo Ling also has one who is around level 16 I believe.

Mine are levels 2, 10 and 22.

If you're interested in playing one, send me a PM and we should be able to work something out!
raradra
DM

Post by raradra »

I have a mid level duergar. Clan D'Gorah
-------
Tymora
Lolth
Paragor
artemishadow

Post by artemishadow »

Awesome we actually have a few chars now that are around 10-11ish and I have ragnarok now who's level 16 so.
artemishadow

Post by artemishadow »

I've returned for the time being if there's anyone interested in playing with me, I'll be on this weekend.

Arte