Earth nature field

An Uneasy Alliance

A place to share in-character stories and event recaps! All out of character text should be noted as such.
FooLing

An Uneasy Alliance

Post by FooLing »

*...a dark figure enters the Gateway Tavern one evening on the suggestion of a traveling companion ...*

Filandara: Welcome to The Gateway. Would you like a drink?
Kor'inthtekk d'Vilrath: [Talk] Yes. I'd like to see what you have for sale.
Storm: [Talk] *looks around*
Storm: [Talk] *looks you up and down* Excuse me, are you Kor'inthtekk d'Vilrath.
Kor'inthtekk d'Vilrath: [Talk] *notices a woman looking at him while perusing the drink selections*
Kor'inthtekk d'Vilrath: [Talk] Are you the cleric?
Storm: [Talk] *nods* Yes, I am Storm. Friend to Ino
Kor'inthtekk d'Vilrath: [Talk] Then I am he.
Storm: [Talk] Join me for a drink?
Kor'inthtekk d'Vilrath: [Talk] Yes

*they take their beverages to a table out of ear-shot of others*

Storm: [Talk] So let me get to the point...
Kor'inthtekk d'Vilrath: [Talk] good
Storm: [Talk] Ino tells me you are going after Galdor's quest. I too need to do this. I do not think I can accomplish this alone and she says you are a formidable warrior.
Kor'inthtekk d'Vilrath: [Talk] So you would like to work together?
Storm: [Talk] *nods* It would be advantageous.
Kor'inthtekk d'Vilrath: [Talk] She may be accurate, but one thing I cannot do is convince the wyrm to speak to me without completing the task first... it would sooner have me kill it before hand... and its death would be assured.
Storm: [Talk] I assumed as much. I however, do not normally associate with any Drow. My last few run ins with your kind have not left me with a high opinion of them other than their fighting skills.
Kor'inthtekk d'Vilrath: [Talk] *shrugs* I could say the same of your kind, except the skills part.
Storm: [Talk] *grins slightly then gets serious again* I appreciate your honesty. I respect her trust in you, so I will work alongside you and gather my own opinion.
Kor'inthtekk d'Vilrath: [Talk] And what do you propose for any spoils found on this journey?
Storm: [Talk] We split it equally. Anything of significant value we can roll or barter for it.
Kor'inthtekk d'Vilrath: [Talk] Those terms are agreeable to me.... you will handle the conversation with the wyrm in exchange for my lending my blade to the venture.
Storm: [Talk] *nods* Exactly.
Storm: [Talk] When shall we begin?
Kor'inthtekk d'Vilrath: [Talk] A good question. Have you spoken to the beast yet?
Storm: [Talk] No, not yet.
Kor'inthtekk d'Vilrath: [Talk] Well then... perhaps that is a place to start.
[Wyndfol2] Storm: [Talk] *nods* I shall go speak to him now. I'll send word as to where we can meet.
Kor'inthtekk d'Vilrath: [Talk] Very well

*they part ways, leaving the tavern separately*

Celindra Ste'tend: [Talk] Greetings, Drow. Would you like to be magically ported back to Loknar?
Kor'inthtekk d'Vilrath: [Talk] Xas.
Celindra Ste'tend: [Talk] Very Bwael. Vedaust.

* the dark figure returns below ground, awaiting a signal *
Wyndfol

Re: An Uneasy Alliance

Post by Wyndfol »

*Storm methodically removes her armor thinking over the last 48 hours*

After striking an agreement with the Drow, she traveled back to Benzor to speak with Galdor. Having learned of the trouble in Benzor Swamp, she notified Kor to meet her there. Her respect for his fighting skills grew from watching him take on kobolds, trolls and swamp dragons. Having discovered the liches inhabiting the swamp and tower, her righteous anger burned to destroy the abominations. She was glad for the Drow's skills then as she would have been hard pressed to kill them all on her own.

Next they travelled to Trondor and found a sect of Drow's protecting an ancient evil. She was surprised at his ease in killing his own kind. She thought he might hesitate or be less sure, but such was not the case. As her respect continued to grow for his skills, so did her unease. He ENJOYED killing! Taking life was not from necessity but a source of pleasure. She felt no conflict in him, no remorse, no guilt. She asked herself again if this really was the only way.

*sighing she began cleaning her armor and sword not having any answers*
Ua mau ke ea o ka aina I ka pono...the life in the land is perpetuated in righteousness