Earth nature field

Error Message

Please post any in-game or website related bugs you encounter and any helpful steps or information to replicate the bug. **NOTE** If this is an unbalancing in-game exploit, please PM the DMs with the information to avoid any possible abuses. If you're unsure, PM the DMs.
Paul_Kettlebones
DM

Error Message

Post by Paul_Kettlebones »

I'm getting a strange message every time I enter a new area that says, "You cannot use that item".

It has not done that when I was playing this same character all morning and does not tell me what the item is. So far I have not noticed any impact from this other than the message.
Logins: Paul_Kettlebones & DM_Requietum.
Lliira
DM

Re: Error Message

Post by Lliira »

I used to get that on Nordock servers with ILR....it is something that you have slotted in your toolbar. A spell, maybe. Did you lose a level?
Lliira – Joy, Festivals
Sehanine (Moonbow) – Dreams, Mysticism, Moon Elves
Yondalla – Creation, Tradition, Wisdom
Zinzerena - Chaos, Assassins
Paul_Kettlebones
DM

Post by Paul_Kettlebones »

No, nothing like that. It did it at every area change until I left the Dormouse in Mak'a'nor. While inside I rests and lost a food item. Sold off a Druid spell scroll and two bottles of wine, only one of which was technically identified. One of those items has to be the cause because it has stopped. Problem is, none of those items were quick slotted and none of those should have caused an error message by just sitting in my inventory. The issue seems gone for now so I just hope it's not symptomatic of something that could cause an error.
Logins: Paul_Kettlebones & DM_Requietum.
Lliira
DM

Post by Lliira »

Weird! I wonder if the scroll was doing it. But if it wasn't equipped, then yes, weird scripting problem.
Lliira – Joy, Festivals
Sehanine (Moonbow) – Dreams, Mysticism, Moon Elves
Yondalla – Creation, Tradition, Wisdom
Zinzerena - Chaos, Assassins
Beard

Post by Beard »

I'd look at the area itself to find the cause